Previously, online teaching platforms were in use , but the widespread of this pandemic forced even the schools to administer classes online. Here we will provide you an overview on how online teaching is done and the top trends in 2020 for digital transformation in education.
All you need to teach online is to use a learning management system (LMS) and it needs just a good connection of Wi-Fi, a laptop, keyboard, earbuds and a phone, if required.
The advanced technologies in education has made the system more adaptable and reliable to meet the levels of 21st century learning.
Here’s a list of things that’s a must for online teaching.
Virtual live classes – the earlier system of online education used written content and recorded video lectures or classes. But the new platform should and must have live classes that is more engaging to the
students, which facilitates real time teaching, discussions and it becomes easy to communicate.
Live classes limits the number of students leading to more personalized learning and clearing their doubts without any hassle.
A good learning management system (LMS) – a LMS is a software which helps you deploy and track your online training/teaching programs. They often come with in-built eLearning authoring tools. LMSs help
you gather a large amount of data at one place keeping them safe and secure. They are available with built-in trackers and analytics. You can also buy different plug-ins if needed. They provide data
visualization in the form of charts and graphs too. Gamification features if available built in boosts the experience by providing leaderboards, points and badges.
Engaging and creative content – just reading out the textbook contents is a thing from the past. eLearning should be used to derive its upmost facilities. Using interactive forms such as quizzes with
leaderboards and point system, assigning the students to conduct various projects, live discussions, live chat to enable communication help to make learning creative and engaging for the students to cope up
Now let’s talk about the top trends for digital transformation in education.
1. Augmented Reality (AR) – augmented reality is overriding as it helps the students to get a broader approach on the concept, especially STEM subjects. For example AR helps to get a view
on abstract things that are included in the topic you’re dealing with, say geometry.
2. Cyber security – A research stated that almost 87% of educational platforms have experienced cyber attack at least once. So when it comes to security it becomes a necessity, as schools and
these teaching platforms store sensitive private information.
3. Big Data – in earlier times it was very hard to store the information of thousands of students on paper, but today where we have almost everything digitalized, it has become very easy to store
such large amount of data. Big data stores the information of students on their educational
4. Artificial intelligence (AI) – it is the simulation of human intelligence in machines to think like one providing it with problem solving abilities. It is a pre-eminent requirement in the field of
eLearning. Learning becomes much more effective by not only giving them answers to their questions but also providing them with step by step guide.
5. Increased accessibility – universities are including modern technologies such as speech recognition and transcription features for students who are disabled to reach ADA compliance.
It not only helps person with disabilities but also to other learners to review the lectures after classes to search through them.
So, these were top 5 trends of 2020 for digital transformation in education. Hope it helped in one way or the other.
Contact us for any queries. Visit our other blogs too.
Thank you for reading.